The Profiles page on Stitch lets you view the profiles of other members, and decide whether you would like to connect with them or not.
There are two main parts to the Profiles page:
The sections below describe each of these in turn.
At the top of the page you will see the Stitch member's primary profile picture, along with their name and key information about them, as shown in the image below. (Note that the pictures have been blurred for privacy purposes.)
As you continue to scroll down the page, you will see the rest of the member's profile, including:
- Any additional photos they have included
- Their interests -- interests they have in common with you will be marked with a yellow star
- Their location
- Their profile description
- Any activities or events that they have suggested or organized in the community
At the bottom of the page you will see three buttons plus an additional menu, as shown in the picture below.
You need to choose one of these buttons (or one of the options under the More menu) in order to make a decision on this profile and move on to the next one.
- Choose Connect if you want to initiate a connection with this member. They will receive a message letting them know. If they accept your connection request, you will be "Stitched", and will be able to send them messages from your Stitch Inbox.
- Choose Maybe (or Interested) if you're possibly interested in connecting with this member. You'll be prompted to select your reason for interest (e.g. "Need more information"), which you can refer to later in your Browse history.
- Choose Skip if you don't want to connect with this member at this time. They will be removed from your queue for now, but you'll get a chance to review them again in the future if you wish.
- Choose Dismiss from the More menu if you are absolutely sure that you do not wish to see their profile again
- Choose Report from the More menu if you believe this profile is suspicious and needs to be reported to the Stitch team
Viewing your Browse History
The History page is, as its name suggests, the place where you can view a list of all the profiles you have seen, along with the decision you made on each one.
Note that this feature is only available to Premium members of Stitch.
If you previously Dismissed or Skipped a profile, you are able to change your decision by opening the profile and choosing a different option.
If you previously opted to Connect with a profile, you can't change your decision, as the other member will already have been sent a message with your connection request.