This article is part of a set of articles about Volunteering at Stitch. If you haven't read our volunteering overview yet, you should do so before reading on.
Here is the official Stitch policy on engaging Community Champion Volunteers to kick-start the community in new areas.
Community Champion Volunteers will:
- Be time-limited, lasting no longer than 12 months.
- Be welcome to stay part of the Stitch Community once their volunteering contract ends – so the best volunteers are people who want to be members of an active Stitch Community once it is up and running.
- Be required to host at least one activity/event every month.
- Be required to help coach and mentor new members to create activities of their own.
- Be required to have reliable access to the internet, a smartphone/computer, and a working and stable Zoom/Skype connection (if hosting virtual events). Members with technological issues will be required to temporarily step down as volunteers until all issues are resolved.
- Be required to have at least basic computer skills. Volunteers who struggle with using Stitch or video conferencing tools (such as Zoom or Skype) may be asked to temporarily step down as volunteers until their capability in these areas has increased.
- Be required to step down as volunteers if they have not engaged with the community for more than 6 weeks.