The Travel page on Stitch lets you:
- Find a travel companion for a destination you would like to visit
- Suggest a destination & have other Stitch members contact you about it
- Find and attend a Stitch Trip, which is a group travel experience to attend with other Stitch members. Past Stitch Trips have included cruises to Mexico, trips to Cuba, and the Great Stitch Get-Together in Monterey California in 2017
The Travel page can be found on Stitch by:
- Selecting Community from the top menu
- Selecting Travel from the submenu
You will see a list of Stitch Trips as well as travel suggestions from other Stitch members, as shown in the picture below:
Suggesting a trip
To suggest a new trip, select the Suggest a Destination button at the top of the Travel page.
Stitch will prompt you for details about the trip you would like to suggest.
Finding trips & travel companions
By default the Travel page shows you a list of all destinations which have been posted by other members. You can change the trips you see by changing the search settings at the top of the page.
To change your search settings, select the Change button next to the scope selector:
This will cause the scope selector to appear, as shown below:
You can change the settings as follows:
- Travel Type lets you determine whether you want to see all upcoming trips, only the trips you are attending, or past trips
- Location lets you specify the search location
- Search Keywords let you specify a search term that appears in the title or description of the trip, to help you find trips you might be particularly interested in.
Attending and commenting on Stitch Trips
If you'd like to attend a Stitch Trip, simply click the I am interested button at the top of the page. This will register you for the trip, as well as giving you the option to subscribe to any comments other members make on the trip.
It is usually a good idea to make a comment on the event at this point, to let the organizer know you are coming along, ask questions, and get to know the other attendees. To make a comment, just enter your comment and click the Post Commentbutton at the top of the conversation as shown below.
Expressing Interest in a Destination Suggestion
Unlike an Stitch Trip, a Suggestion isn't an organized group trip, but just a way for you to connect with another member about a trip you would both like to do.
If you see a suggestion you like, just send a message to the member who suggested it. With luck, you'll have a new travel companion in no time at all!