One of the most important aspects of the Stitch community is the thousands of member-driven events and activities that take place every week around the world.
These activities and events highlight a few of the most fundamental and magical aspects of the Stitch community:
- That we are a Community, created by members, for members
- That while our members are looking for a wide variety of different types of companionship, from friendship through to romance and everything in between, there is one thing that all Stitch members have in common. All Stitchers have lots of things they want to do, they just know that any activity is more enjoyable if you have company
- The Stitch philosophy that you are far more likely to find a like-minded companion by meeting in real life doing activities you enjoy, as opposed to browsing profiles online
The Activities page can be found on Stitch as follows:
- Select Community from the top menu
- Select Activities in the submenu
You will see a list of all the activities which have been suggested by other Stitch members, as shown in the picture below:
Creating a new activity
To create a new activity, select the Create an Activity button at the top of the Activities page. Stitch will prompt you for details about the activity you would like to suggest.
By default the Activities page shows you a list of all activities which have been posted by members within a distance of 50km / 30 mi of you. You can change the activities you see by changing the search settings at the top of the Activities page.
To change your search settings, select the pencil icon:
This will cause the scope selector to appear, as shown below:
You can change the settings as follows:
- Event Type lets you determine whether you want to see all upcoming events, only the events you are attending, past events or pending events
- Distance lets you specify how far away the events are. The "Closest" setting will start with events closest to you, and then expand its search to include events further and further away, to ensure you don't miss out seeing an event that's just outside your search radius
- Location lets you specify the search location – this is useful if you are travelling to a different city and want to see what Stitch events might be coming up there
You will also notice the search bar on this page. It will appear as the below:
This lets you specify a search term that appears in the title or description of the activity, to help you find activities you might be particularly interested in. For example, write "Jersey Boys" in the search bar if you would like to view activities or events strictly relating to this show.
Attending and commenting on Events
If you'd like to attend an event, simply click the Attend button at the top of the page. This will register you for the event, as well as giving you the option to subscribe to any comments other members make on the event.
It is usually a good idea to make a comment on the event at this point, to let the organizer know you are coming along, ask questions, and get to know the other attendees. To make a comment, just enter your comment and click the Post Comment button at the top of the conversation as shown below.
Recreating past events
If you come across an event that has already occurred and are still very interested in it, you can suggest to make it happen again.
On the past event page you will see a button that says DO THIS AGAIN.
Selecting this button takes you through a series of questions that are already pre-filled with the past event’s details. You can change as many or as little details as you like, including the event’s name, its time and date, and attendee limit.
Please note, when you duplicate an event like this the attendee list is refreshed, meaning the attendees of the original event will not be transferred to your new event.
Also, members will receive membership points for creating a new event this way, even though it may be a replication.